Monday, August 23, 2010


Goodbye time.

I have one week left. Yay!!....wait....Booo!! That is the problem with this whole new semester thing. Those elements of a new class schedule that make me so excited are also the things I am dreading: the new routine; the challenge of a new professor - trying to learn their likes and dislikes when it comes to analysis and writing; new peers; and new book lists, which exceed 30 books as of right now!

This will be me. Minus the beard. I hope.


The thing I love the most about this semester - Fall.

The thing I like the least about this semester - Time, which is going to be missing in my social life again. I mean, right now I am this hard core party animal, but once classes are in session - all bets are off! Oh and sleep is going to miss me too. My pillows are already complaining as I am stressing to get my application to my major together, and yet decide to burn my time blogging about boring things no one really wants to read - and if you do, you are a crazier party animal than me! What should I be doing instead? Writing an autobiographical statement, answering 4 different 300 word reflective questions, writing a 1000 word essay analyzing an English Journal article, and creating a 7-10 minute lesson plan which I then have to record. I don't understand, who wouldn't want to do that! That's an English major's dream right?

In other news...I am really sad that "Mad Men" Season 1, disk 1 has such a long wait time on Netflix. Can't wait to start watching it! Too bad it's not showing up on any of my syllabi again.


3 comments:

Darwin + Kiara said...

Hang in there, Court! You can do it!! You WILL have to make time for some mad pumpkin carving with us come October though, just giving you a heads up :)

kelzone said...

if it makes you feel any better i think i'm the biggest party animal of all.
i'm working 60 hours this week including friday and saturday night. cause yes, my social life is that awesome.

Jennifer said...

Let the Games begin!