Friday, July 30, 2010

Catching Up

Hey, everyone. I am making up for about two months of blogging tonight, because we are just that interesting! Hope you enjoy, and don't get bored!

First: The beautiful Washington wedding.


A close friend of mine got hitched last month and we were lucky enough to see it all happen in the beautiful little town of Leavenworth. They rented a huge group campsite and roughed it with their wedding guests-it was a lot of fun.

I fell in love with Washington when I went out to visit in 2008, and this time wasn't any different. I have also added Oregon to the top of my list of states to visit - absolutely beautiful. I thoroughly considered going about 3 hours out of our way to the coast while Wayne was sleeping, but thought that 16 hours of driving was plenty for only a two day visit. So... practicality won over adventure. Booo. I know.

Anyway, here are some pictures for you. It was such a beautiful wedding, and a sweet, sweet ceremony; I am so glad we were able to be there.


This was the river we slept by

This is what we wish we would have chosen to do instead of...

...sweating our butts off hiking! But, we still had fun and if we hadn't gone hiking we wouldn't have been able to get that sweet lizard picture at the top of our blog!


Next: The 4th of July holiday

Trying to get a serious picture of Wayne while we wait for the fireworks to start - yeah right!



My Personal Favorite - Classic Wayne
Finally!
The race. It was a lot of fun this year, though you couldn't tell from the following picture:

Though, I never look very happy in the pictures Wayne takes of me before a race. Case in point - last year's pre-race pic:
Look at that glare! You would think he would get the hint and put the camera away!

Last: The culinary skills of Wayne and Courtney

We thought it would be fun to try making homemade pretzels. Fun, not so sure about that; Wayne and I could use some more training on the rolling and twisting of the pretzel shape, but delicious they were! Going to be making some more this weekend if anyone is interested and wants to help us polish our pretzel skills!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like you to make pretzels when I come down for dinner.

Jennifer said...

Hey, those pretzels were tasty! Maybe we need to take a fact-finding trip to the mall's pretzelmaker and see how the "professionals" do it! haha

Anonymous said...

We definitely should go on a fact-finding trip, and learn their dough-throwing-ways! Including hunting down some good salt, we still haven't been able to find any :(