Saturday Night Live!
So this post has been put on hold for homework and is a week old but last saturday my sweet sweet husband got us tickets to see Brandi Carlile, one of my favorite recording artists-ever! It was at a small, intimate venue in Salt Lake and it was absolutely amazing!
This was Wayne's favorite song from the concert and it was taken by someone standing right next to us.
She does really great covers, we were hoping she would do Creep (you can hear her version in the "Music Baby" playlist) but instead she did Folsom Prison Blues and Halleljuia which were just as great!
After the concert she stuck around and took pictures and signed autographs. We were not very prepared, we didn't have any cash or camera, but luckily Wayne had his phone for a picture, and after running around trying to find an ATM (see how sweet!) he was able to get cash and we bought a live concert album that she could sign. We were just about the last in line and had to wait quite a while, but it was worth it, we met Brandi Carlile. As star struck as I was, I couldn't say a thing. Both of us wish we would have said more, thanked her for sharing such personal songs. Luckily I remembered to thank her for the picture!

It was a great night and I can't wait for her next album to come out!





5 comments:
SO JEALOUS!!!! What a great opportunity! Next time she is in town, I'd love to be your third wheel. :)
Sorry I've been awol, finishing school this week, moving to Sugarhouse next week, then it's way past due to meet for dinner... I'm thinking May...:)
So awesome. What a sweet husband you have! I'm glad you guys had a good time!!
Hi, it's the Hamberlin's (Darren's sis in law, Margie). We saw her open in 2004 for Jonny Lang and she was awesome. Love her, love her--great you got to absorb her music and personality. Hope you're both doing well!
you have no idea how jealous i am...did brooke tell you we're considering a road trip marathon to see her in cali and come back the same day?
we have already discussed this concert and so I will not comment simply because it is too painful. I would like to know when I will be seeing your American Idol post!?!?!?
Post a Comment