Tuesday, March 17, 2009

YAY IT'S SPRING BREAK!
And so our blog doesn't "shrivel up and die!" :)  I am posting. 

Recently a sweet little fourth grader at work asked me the following question:

"Why do you have blue bags under your eyes?"

Now, if an adult had asked the same question I might have taken a little hit to my self-esteem, but since it came from a little boy who had the cutest curious face, I couldn't help but laugh.  If I was quicker on my toes I would have said, "This is what happens when you stay up really, really late finishing your homework; so you should probably get back to doing yours so you don't get blue bags under your eyes!" I bet that would have scared him into listening to me!  Unfortunately, I didn't think of that tool of motivation until later, darn it!  Thank goodness this week is spring break so I can catch up on all of my sleep and remove my "blue bags".

Hope everyone is as excited as I am for happy weather! I know Wayne is loving it, this is what his life consists of lately:

His coaching at Orem High is in full swing and we will be heading to Saint George for a tournament this weekend.  Go Tigers!

4 comments:

simplysarah said...

hey beautiful girl, funny post! I definitely need some 4 year-olds in my life, even if they're going to tell me about the now-permanent blue bags under my eyes. ;)

Let's do dinner soon. I will text you back and we'll make a plan!

Darwin + Kiara said...

So funny! I love the things little kids say. I substituted in Sunbeams on Sunday, and the Sister who was teaching asked the kids if they had ever seen the flowers at the temple. One of the cute little girls said, "The temple doesn't have flowers! It has water and cookies!" Haha. Obviously she had gone to the draper open house. Hope you catch up on your sleep! Smooches!

Jennifer said...

Have fun in St. George! The weather is supposed to be perfect down there this weekend! Perfect for some sunbathing and napping by a pool...

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.