Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What a day
At the very beginning of treatment I used to keep track of the days in my fight against cancer on a white board that was in the room at Utah Valley Regional Hospital. I left that hospital after 6 days when I moved on to the Huntsman Center. The tally on that white board never got higher than 6 days. Today is day 169 and I have finished the treatment plan that my oncologists have laid out for me. This morning was my last day of radiation. My body will now have a break for 6 weeks before my next scan. If all goes well with that scan then 10/15/08 will become like a second birthday for me. If I lived in a different time than sooner or later this tumor would have gotten the best of me. I am so thankful for the care that I have received at Hunstman. They are amazing. I am thankful for my wife, my family, and my friends who are basically family too. Thank you for your prayers and support. Hopefully we will have good news come the first of December.


2 comments:

The Cannons said...

when is the scan scheduled? We're pulling for you. Enjoy the break! Nat.

The Cannons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.