"Pumped Up Kicks"
Have you heard this song? I am pretty torn on how I feel about it. It has a catchy beat, and interesting sound, and yet every time I hear it, it brings me down. Perhaps I am reading too much into it, or perhaps my interpretation is way off. But maybe not. Maybe Foster the People wrote about a young boy with a gun for a reason. Because maybe mass killings happen way too often.
I don't understand them, even though I try. I guess that is all we can do though--try. Try to understand, because we never will really know. Maybe a little more understanding would stop them in the first place?
If you have a few minutes, read "The Fourth State of Matter," by Jo Ann Beard. It is a beautiful creative non-fiction account of the University of Iowa shooting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Hey Court! Thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard that song before and actually looked up the lyrics to read along to while they were singing. The tune is very catchy, but I agree that the words are disturbing and unfortunately ring true to the way some people think. I'm so grateful for the Atonement and knowing that even with all the things that are messed up in this crazy world we live in, everything will somehow be made right in the end, thanks to the amazing and incomprehensible sacrifice of our Savoir. Thank goodness for the Gospel, huh?
Can't wait to see you on Friday! Woot! Woot!
Post a Comment