Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's true I am proud of myself

I have written press releases and worked contacts that have led to articles in different technology and industry magazines before but I am especially happy to help a story get on TV. Last night KSL, the NBC affiliate in Utah, aired a story I helped coordinate about Project Read, a non-profit adult literacy group, where I have been working a bit since the beginning of the year doing community awareness, marketing, and fundraising. The story aired on the 5 and 10 pm editions of the newscast.




 

Then go to www.project-read.com and donate $10. We have a rather lofty goal of raising $10,000 by the end of March, $10 for year of the 1,000 students Project Read has helped in the past 10 years. If we reach our goal, it will pay the cost of teaching 20 of the 100+ students we will help this year.

Let your friends know!

I write for Project Read on Twitter @ProjectReadUtah as well.


1 comment:

Darren, Tisha, Tanner & Tennyson said...

I am super proud of you! We will donate for sure!