Thanksgiving Remembered
We hosted our first holiday having some family over to our little place for Thanksgiving and it turned out really well. I hope our family had as much fun attending as we did in having them over. There was a little bit of stress but I like that cause it's exciting. I did make one GIANT mistake though. I dropped one of Courtney's beautiful pies. I was trying to help out and make some space for the stuff so I moved everything off the top of our fridge, wiped it down, and put the gorgeous apple pie up on the left side of the fridge. Then for some reason I thought it would be better on the right side and as I slid it over to the right side the thing just took off and I couldn't get to it fast enough. I lunged but to no avail. I had already started saying OH NO before the pie hit the floor. Glad press and seal really works though. It kept everything inside and the pyrex pie plate did not break. We had Apple Crumb thanks to me. Everything else turned out great. We brined the turkey and it was pretty good. Check it out.
Thursday, December 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Looks delish! Fun that you guys took on the challenge of hosting Thanksgiving! And I bet the pie still tasted great :)
Despite your attempts at sabotage, the pie was still yummy.
That looks awesome! We brined ours too. It's like magic or something!
Post a Comment