Thursday, June 04, 2009

IT'S BEEN A YEAR! . . .

Since he smashed cake in my face - and I still married him!  Well actually, we were already married so I couldn't back out ;) He insists to this day that I started it but I hold strong to my innocence and his lack of evidence

 . . . Darn it, that picture might be a bit incriminating!  

I really cannot believe it has been a year, well a little more than a year now due to my tardy posting, oh well, better late than never right?  It has been a remarkable journey that I can't wait to continue, and if all of our anniversaries are as great as this one was I can't wait!

Two weeks ago we celebrated an amazing year with an amazing night.  Wayne booked us a hotel at a beautiful lodge in Park City and made dinner reservations at one of the most delicious restaurants I have ever been to in my life; I actually even enjoyed the sample pate (pork liver-GROSS!) that they gave us before our appetizers.  It was a romantic night I will never forget.  After dinner Wayne tried to teach me how to play Chess in the lounge, but my serious lack of skills was causing the game to last longer than the sun was staying and we wanted to walk around the lodge and take advantage of the scenery.  Though it is spring down here in the valley, snow still lingered on the mountains and trees were barely beginning to bloom.  I don't remember if it was the crisp air or the temptation of a private hot tub on a balcony surrounded by mountains that forced us back to our room, but regardless of the reason we weren't disappointed.  The room was gorgeous, it felt like home, we would have moved in permanently if that was an option, but even just one night was enough for me.  The following day we did some shopping at the outlets and I left with some cute jeans and an almost puppy purchase-we get closer every time!  We then headed home for a great weekend with family.  

Though this year has been a turbulent one it has been so amazingly remarkable, and I am so grateful for everyday I have been able to spend with my husband and very best friend.  We have been so blessed in our life together and the best anniversary present we could have ever asked for was given to us Tuesday when the doctor told us Wayne's tumor was continuing to shrink.  His fight against this disease has been nothing less than courageous and it gives me strength everyday.  There is still a war to be fought but he is going headstrong into that battle just as he does with every battle in life and I am blessed to be a part of it.  

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I swear, he ran into that cake.

Darwin + Kiara said...

Cute post, Courtney! And Happy Anniversary, again! We love you guys!

Paige said...

Sweetheart,
I love your blog and I love you two so much... Thank you fro sharing your journey with us. You and Wayne have so much strenth and courage and it makes me stronger whenever I am around you. I love you so much, both of you, congrats on 1 year...
Love, Mom

Darren, Tisha, Tanner & Tennyson said...

Love you guys!