Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Saturday Night Live Part 2 (just a little late!)

This past Saturday I went to see another one of my favorite music artists, Ingrid Michaelson. She writes about love A LOT, but I really love her lyrics and the sounds she creates. Her voice is super unique. Some of my favorite lines from her new, self released, album Everybody are:

"Oh, one day you will go away from this. Oh, one day you will know we're men of snow. We melt. One day."

"Like an angry apple tree, I throw my apples if you get too close to me"

"And so it goes, this soldier knows. The battle with the heart isn't easily won. But it can be won."

Some are sad, most are happy, all are excellent! She is a great performer and even treated us with some rapping of "Ice Ice Baby" and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song. Here is a little sample with her new music video for "Maybe". It is a little different but I like the way it was made - very creative. And I hope you like it too. Enjoy!


2 comments:

kelzone said...

i'm so happy i got to see you saturday! she really is so great live-
my third time seeing her and she still gets better every time!

Unknown said...

I agree with Kelli...and regardless of how much more popular she gets and how many more crappy venues she goes to, I will be there!!!! Just can't get enough!!