In light of recent developments I have been studying Gilbert's Disease and this is what I have found:
What is it?
Gilbert's syndrome is a common, often inherited disorder that affects processing by the liver of the greenish-brown pigments in bile (called bilirubin). The resulting abnormal increase of bilirubin in the bloodstream can lead to yellowing of the skin (jaundice) but the liver itself remains normal. It is more common in men than women.
What causes it?
About half the people affected inherit the condition which is probably due to decreased activity of an enzyme in the liver.
Who suffers?
Gilbert's syndrome affects about 5% of the population. It is usually detected by chance often at a routine medical examination, in adolescence or early adult life.
What are the signs and symptoms?
Usually there are no symptoms but sufferers may experience mild jaundice, bouts of abdominal pain, loss of appetite, fatigue and weakness after suffering an infection. Repeated vomiting, missing meals, vigorous exercise or a feverish illness may also lead to these symptoms.
What investigations and treatment are necessary?
Blood tests are usually carried out simply to make a diagnosis and to exclude liver disease. No medical treatment is required but without proper care the tragic Advanced Gilbert's Disease can set in.
Advanced Gilbert's Disease
What is it?
Normally mild symptoms of Gilbert's Disease are exacerbated by lack of hang out time with BFOMs (Brothas From Otha Mothas) and "quality" time with wife (never too much).
What are the signs and symptoms?
Patient becomes short and weak. Heavy squinting of the eyes can occur in stressful sitiuations. Mannerisms become exteremly irratating and voice becomes whiny and obnoxius. Patient starts to sound like Lago from Aladdin or the Aflac duck.
Who suffers?
Although Gilbert Gottfired has been the only person diagnosed with Advanced Gilbert's Disease well over 95% of the population is said to suffer from having Gilbert Gottfried somehow still make apperances on TV and in movies.
What treatments are necessary?
As previoulsy stated as much hang out time with friends and quality time with wife as possible will curb the on set of AGD (Advanced Gilbert's Disease) STOP IT NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!





2 comments:
D: Hahaha! Our friend is in trouble! We must hang out with him quick, say Christmas-time-ish? Oh and sorry I didn't stop by again before I left UT, those last 2 days were so busy. We'll be in UT again for 2 weeks for Christmas (24th to Jan 6th) Yippeeee!
YOU ARE HILARIOUS! Thank you for the insight. I too, read up on the disease. I thought it was quite funny that Darren would have something like this. I cannot wait to see you!!
Post a Comment